Thursday, October 14, 2010

Things I am thankful for

At the top of my thankful list is of course MY FAMILY.   I have a wonderful husband who works hard at his job as the greatest scientist on the planet, and then comes home and becomes my "Cinderfella".  He is a great table setter, dishwasher, tap fixer, mechanic, fence builder, and all around handy man.  Then I have 6  fabulous children.  They are some of the best people I know. Through them I have met 4 more wonderful people to add to my family.  These additions have add again to my family giving us 3 of the most beautiful granddaughters the world has ever seen.

In addition to my natural children I am thankful for a wonderful foster daughter.  She is a daughter and a friend. She has been a blessing to my family.  She and her husband have given us 4 handsome grandsons and a beautiful granddaughter.

I am thankful for the GOSPEL.  We are so lucky to have been raised as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We have a knowledge of who we are, why we are here and where we are going. I am thankful for TEMPLES that seal families together forever.    

Pumpkins from my compost heap
I am thankful for a beautiful HOME.  We have been so lucky to find this wonderful place in the country.  With a large GARDEN spot I am able to grow food to help feed me family (all of them).  We had a bounty of beans, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, potatoes, raspberries and others.  We also have the beginnings of an orchard to provide us with fruit.  We also enjoy the beautiful trees that adorn the front yard and the two wooded areas front and back.  And the night sky! What can I say about a night sky without street lights.  There are so many stars up there!  I love to stand outside at night and gaze into the sky.  This past week the big dipper was SO large. I felt like I could reach out and touch it.

I am thankful for FRIENDS.  There are friends and then there are FRIENDS.  I have some of both and am thankful for all of them.

I am thankful for THANKSGIVING, where we can stop and reflect on what we are thankful for.

3 comments:

  1. Great blessings! I don't know ur whole family but the ones I know seem to make a great one! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for your best friend... AKA your sister..hahaha Nice post. Good things to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you are my best friend. Wish we lived closer together.

    ReplyDelete