Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spring Forward, Fall Back

Who came up with this idea to change the clocks back and forth year after year.  Spring Forward, Fall Back.  I think those folks in Saskatchewan have the right idea - set the clock and leave it alone! 

Some people seem to think that we need the sun in the morning to blind us as we drive to work. This morning was a real killer sun shining through the front window of the car.  Then we can stay inside all day and only catch a glimpse of the sun if we happen to be standing close to a window.  Who cares if we have to drive home in the dark?    I CARE!!!    UGH!!!!!! 

Last week the sun came up at a reasonable time.  It was still a bit dark when I got up but by the time I was leaving for work the sun was up over the horizon and lighting my day. It was still daylight when I came home too.  But this week the sun is up before I am and heading for bed by the time I was leaving the office.

I would love to be able to come home in the evenings in the long winter months and still have some sunlight to see by.  Then I could actually find my way to the door without tripping over the step and the key will go in to the lock so easily since I can actually see where I am putting it.  Think how much energy I could save if I didn't have to turn all the lights on in the house so that I can find my way around. 

The winters here are long enough without taking away all my productive daylight hours!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment