Thursday, February 9, 2012

when blogging disappears

this has been a crazy few days.  First I go to log in to my gmail account and it tells me that there has been something fishy going on with my account and I am now locked out.  I finally figure out how to request having my account restored, but I screw that up by typing in the wrong verification number and I can't remember all the silly details they ask me.  Somehow I end up on a page that asks me to change my password, which I do.  I try logging in and WOW, there is my gmail account.  Then this morning I check my facebook and find out that my mother can't find my blog.  So I check it out and sure enough, my blog has disappeared.  I spend over an hour trying to figure out how to reinstall my blog.  Suddenly, I am able to find it again.  This post is actually a test to see if this is really working or if my day is going to get worse.  If you can see this blog please try posting a comment and see if things are working again.

I didn't realize how important blogging was to me until I discovered I might not be able to continue with my blog and that I have lost all my previous blogs.  Now I need to figure out how to make a back up of everything in case this happens again.

2 comments:

  1. I just got a reply from Google regarding this problem. They said that when they detect suspicious activity they also suspend your blog to keep hackers out. This must be what happened to me and things seem to be restored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm that is interesting...sure hope it doesn't happen to my blog!

    ReplyDelete