Thursday, May 10, 2012

Every Princess needs a crown

How else will you know she is a princess?!?!


In April we had the opportunity to crown a new princess in the Merrill Family.  Cody and Mimi are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl.  On April 22 we were able to participate in Hannah's blessing day.   It was a wonderful experience. 

Hannah is a precious little girl.  She was long awaited and we are so happy to have her in our family.  This makes little princess #4. 

We love all our granddaughters very much.  They all come with such individual personalities. It has been fun watching them develop into little people.  We look forward to watching Hannah grow up and hope that she moves closer to us so we can see it up close.

I have started a tradition for my children that each family will receive ONE blessing gown crocheted by Grandma.  I love making them along with a blanket.  So far each gown and blanket has been different.  This year I even included a pair of white shoes and a crown.  I wish I had found the crown pattern for the other girls.  I guess I will just have to make bigger crowns for the older girls to wear for dressup.

Now that Hannah has her gown I am anxious to hear if the next baby (late September) will be another princess or if I will have to create something for a little prince.  Either way I need to get started soon. 

I would love to find more patterns for christening/blessing dresses.  I have this thing about not repeating a pattern, especially when it is a gift.

So anyway, here are some pictures of Hannah's dress and crown. 



No comments:

Post a Comment